5 Best Foot and Calf Massager Reviews 2020
Best foot and calf Massager: Who doesn’t love a soothing massage from the spa or masseuse, especially after you had a tiring, hectic day, and the pain in your feet does not let you stand anymore? Well, the idea of a spa every day is wonderful. But practically, it is quite not possible to head out to a spa every day until you are willing to invest or more like waste your time, effort, and money.
Why did I call it a waste? The reason is that what if I tell that you can get the same massage within the comfort of your home at nearly half the cost per month? With a foot and calf massager, this is possible. Once you get one, you won’t help but agree to it, being the best investment, you have done for your tired, fatigued legs and feet.
Now that you can easily get a massage, then why should you even make an effort to search for the best one? We have got your back for this. After thorough research and comparison, I have put together this guide to help you in making the best selection of foot and calf massager for yourself.
The 5 top picks for foot and calf massagers reviewed
Every foot messager can’t be best for everyone. Certain brands offer different features. The best choice for you depends on which features do you need.
Let’s look into our five picks regarding what features these have.
- REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGER - Delivers a powerful reflexology massage that brings the body back into its natural state to help promote the body's natural healing. It works by forcing blood back towards the heart for improved circulation.
- TARGETED RELIEF - Offers improved circulation, quick recovery for stressed feet, and rejuvenated muscles after long periods of standing. Delivers deeply-penetrating foot massage for optimized relaxation, resulting in instant pain relief.
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY - Engineered with CirQlation figure-eight technology that works by circulating the blood from the feet toward the core of the body. Allows fresh nutrients to re-enter the calves and feet for increased comfort.
- ADJUSTABLE INTENSITY - Reinforced with a completely adjustable two intensity setting that helps you find the perfect massage pressure for your needs. Features under-foot massage rollers, providing relief to the sole and heel.
- BASE OPTIONS - Reinforced with an adjustable tilt base that allows you to choose from two options for your perfect massage angle. Also built with removable easy sleeves for quick cleaning, so you can keep the massager hygienic.
Living up to the name
Giving the brand a name like “human touch” is undoubtedly a big claim. But is it true to its name? With the Human Touch Reflex 5s, we can’t deny this.
It might sound stretchy, but this machine works similarly to the effect caused by human touch reflex4 foot and calf massager. The massager works with reflexology, which works on bringing back the flexibility in our body, which is lost somewhere in our tiring routine.
Best for plantar fasciitis
The Human Touch Reflex5s foot and calf massager can be labeled as the best foot massager amazon for plantar fasciitis, and here is why. The minute you place your feet in the unit, you would already feel relaxed and an instant relief.
The massager is featured with circulating massaging balls. These work deep into your calves and ankles. As they go around the targeted area, you would feel the massage to be as good as done by hands.
The under-foot rollers are perfect for plantar fasciitis. They work back and forth and knead well into the heels, which automatically make you feel better.
The Human Touch calf and foot massager is engineered with the cutting-edge technology of CirQlation figure eight. This works on circulating blood from your feet to the central body.
Thus, your cells will receive more nutrients. These nutrients will play an important in muscle recovery and would relieve them from stress.
You can choose between two different levels of intensity to find the one that is best suited for your body.
The cavities of this foot and calf massager feel smooth against the skin so you can place your feet, calves, and ankles comfortably.
The functioning of massager improves blood circulation, which in turn helps with joints, tendons as well as sore muscles.
If you spend most of your day standing on your feet, then you will love the vibration that delves deep into your muscles and instantly relieves pain.
- Helps in healing Plantar fasciitis
- Relieves pain in muscles
- Convenient to use
- People with smaller feet need to reposition for finding the sweet spot
- PATENTED FIGURE-8 TECHNOLOGY. Completely surrounds the feet and calves to deliver a fluid, highly effect massage that emulates the expert hands and techniques of highly trained massage therapists
- STIMULATING UNDER-FOOT REFLEXOLOGY ROLLERS. Powerful rollers just under the feet provide a robust massage to relieve soles and heels
- Calf Massage Width - 4.5 inch. Calf Massage Height - 12 inch. Operating Voltage : AC110-120V 60 Hz. Power Consumption : 52 Watts
- Non-Skid Floor Protectors. Floor protectors keep unit in place and ensure quiet operation.
- ERGONOMIC STYLING. Enhanced tilt angle perfectly matches the body's ergonomics for maximum comfort. The sleek, modern, and compact unit has been stylishly designed to provide superior and effective relief at home or work.
3 Pre-Programmed massages
The Human Touch Reflex is the best calf massager for runners. Besides patented technology, the Reflex 4s is also featured with three pre-programmed massages.
The first one is a relief setting that provides a gentle foot rolling massage and calf kneading. This helps in loosening your tense muscles after long practice sessions.
Renew setting comes next that works in opposition to the relief setting. It is well suited for people who like intense and brisker kneading.
The soothe stimulate circulations to come in the third and last setting. As the name tells, it provides more of a soothing effect. If you want the best of both worlds with your massager, then this is the one you need to get.
CirQlation and Figure-8 technology
If you are a runner, then you would agree with the importance of adequate blood supply. The CirQlation technology of Reflex works on improving blood flow throw the body.
Each roller works at a different speed that offers a relaxing experience. Such technology is targeted to relieve pain after you have a long tiring day.
The Figure-8 technology works well on the calves. Of course, this is beneficial for runners and athletes that need their soreness or aches soothed after long training.
Lessens pain in calves and feet
You can’t help but love the underfoot massage of the Human Touch Reflex 4. The robust reflexology massage offers a real massage experience.
With this massager at home, you won’t feel the need to visit a spa or massage salon anymore. Reflex 4 aims to outweigh its predecessors, and you will see that it has done a pretty decent job.
The improved ergonomic design not only works well on your knees but is equally effective on the calves. The unit reserved for calves is slightly inclined to added comfort.
- Ergonomic design
- Reduces tension
- Three preset massage programs
- The calve size is not adjustable
- INTENSE REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGE - Relax and rejuvenate with the Swing Pro Massager. It offers a healing reflexology massage that restores equilibrium in your body to promote natural healing and healthy functioning of nerves and cells covering the areas of 14" height and 4.5" width.
- PATENTED FIGURE-EIGHT TECHNOLOGY - Powered with Figure-Eight technology, it massages the calves in an upward, wave-like motion to optimize blood circulation from your foot to your core to improve general health and enhance vitality.
- UNDER-FOOT MASSAGE ROLLERS - Developed with advanced CirQlation motion and equipped with vibrating rollers that deliver an intense, deep-penetrating massage, this machine mimics the techniques used by massage professionals to help relieve stress and pain.
- FULL-MOTION SWING ARM - Engineered with adjustable arms that move from the lower ankle to the upper portion of your calves to provide relief where you exactly need it. It offers five comfortable positions, allowing for targeted massage in specific body parts.
- HASSLE-FREE MAINTENANCE - Granting you ultimate convenience, Reflex Swing Pro comes with removable Easy Sleeves that enable easy washing and hassle-free maintenance. It also has easy-carry handles that ensure quick transport from one room to another.
Different intensity levels
You know how easy it is to feel fatigued in our daily busy routines. With the five different intensity levels of human touch massage chair Reflex Swing Pro, you will get rid of this tiring feeling in no time.
The five different intensity levels include intense, vigorous, moderate, relaxing, and gentle. So, you can choose the one that works best to relieve your muscle pain.
These intensity level, in addition to four auto massage settings, makes it the best foot and leg massager. The auto program modes include:
- Toning with moderate calf and foot massage
- Relaxing with gentle massage
- Rejuvenating with firm massage
- Quick refresh with strong massage
The Reflex Swing Pro leg massager is equipped with two reflexology programs. These apply pressure on the different spots of the soles of your heels and feet.
It not only relaxes your legs and foot but also heals other parts of the body hence improving your body’s overall equilibrium.
To provide you with an overall feeling of comfort, warm air circulates throughout the device. The air encompasses your entire ankle, foot and goes up to the calves. The warm air greatly helps in relaxing tensed muscles.
Easy to reach controls
The controls of the Human Touch Reflex Pro Swing Massager are on the top. You can adjust the settings without having to bend over.
After changing the device to your favorite setting, you can get the precise massage that you like. The base of the machine can be tilted so you can adjust the angle for your legs as you sit on your couch.
The circulatory massage technique of the Reflex Pro Swing moves blood from your feet to the upper core of the body. This helps in improving blood circulation.
Your feet and lower part of the legs is massaged with the air pressure leg massager applied by the inner rollers. These rollers move in the pattern of figure 8. The waving motion goes up to the calves and then starts again.
- Works well on the feet, calves, and legs
- Featured with reflexology technology
- Relieves pain and stimulates blood circulation
- This version is a bit outdated
- Reflexology massager - delivers a powerful reflexology massage that Brings the body back into its natural state to help promote the body's natural healing. It works by forcing blood Back towards the heart for improved circulation.
- Targeted relief - offers improved circulation, quick recovery for stressed feet, and rejuvenated muscles after long periods of standing. Delivers Deeply-penetrating vibrating foot massage for optimized relaxation, resulting in instant pain relief.
- Patented technology - engineered with CirQulation Figure-Eight technology that works by circulating the blood from the feet toward the core of the body. Allows fresh nutrients to re-enter the calves and feet for increased comfort.
- Adjustable intensity - reinforced with a completely adjustable two intensity setting that helps you find the perfect massage pressure for your needs. Features under-foot massage rollers, providing relief to the sole and heel.
- Base options - reinforced with an adjustable tilt base that allows you to choose from two options for your perfect massage angle. Also built with removable easy sleeves for quick cleaning, so you can keep the massager hygienic.
Many massage chairs tilt only to a certain limit, which restricts the level of comfort you can enjoy with a massager. However, The Human Touch Reflex SOL foot and calf massager comes with adjustable tilt.
With the adjustable tilt base and tilt bars, you can get the perfect inclination for a comfortable experience.
The different angles are made to suit different body positions. You can choose from a wide range of angles as you sit in your favorite chair and a half or sofa position.
On the board control panel
The onboard control panel solves the query that bothers many people who are in dire need of a massage, especially diabetics.
With your busy routine, it is not easy to take out time, and hence you end up asking yourself, “Should I go for a massage? Why can’t I get one at home?”
Many professional massage salons would argue over how nothing matches the massage from an expert hand. But with advancing technology, the case is no more the same.
You can get nearly the same effect within the comfort of your home. The Human Touch Shiatsu Massager soothes your calf and foot.
The onboard control panel gives you full control over your massage so you can get the massage as you like.
The power light on the control panel shows the power received by the massager and that the massager is ready to do its job.
The controller gives the two options that are present in the massager for you to choose from; Auto or Shiatsu Program.
Underfoot Reflexology massage
The Human Touch Reflex SOL is the best foot massager for diabetics. Due to obesity and pain in legs, many people with diabetes miss the massage on their heels and soles.
You must have seen people complaining about standard massagers clamping into their ankles that leads to additional discomfort besides stressed muscles and tired legs.
This menace is solved by the powerful rollers that are present in the Human Touch Shiatsu Massager. The roller provides robust underfoot massage to your soles and heel.
The actuators move around your calves motionlessly and move the blood to the core of your body. It then returns to your feet and claves with fresh nutrients on board.
- Patented technology to improve blood circulation
- Adjustable tilt for added comfort
- Intensity can be varied
- Lies more on the higher end range
- Patented Figure-Eight and CirQlation Technologies - Massages the feet and calves in an upward, wave-like motion, forcing blood toward the body's core.
- Powerful underfoot reflexology massage - Reflexology massage brings the body back into its natural equilibrium which promotes the body's natural healing power and promotes healing.
- 2 auto-massage programs
- Shiatsu massage ; Calf Massage Width 4.5" ; Calf Massage Height 14"
- Sleek Design - Contrasting gray liners in the foot wells provide a stylish appearance to the iJOY Foot & Calf massager.
The first highlight feature of the Human Touch iJOY foot and calf massager is the built-in underfoot rollers. The rollers apply strong reflexology on the heels and soles of your feet.
This human touch foot massager provides a comforting and soothing experience to users with the help of this foot reflexology from rollers.
The built-in rollers, together with the patented technology, offer the best foot massager for neuropathy. Besides people with active lifestyles, it is also well suited for people with Plantar Fasciitis, Fibromyalgia, and for people that suffer from blood circulatory issues.
Just like other human touch massage chair, this one is also featured with patented blood CirQlation technology.
The CirQlation technology massages your feet and calves by creating air compression in the shape of figure eight.
The figure-eight motion improves your overall blood circulation from the feet to the upper body. This means that massager will provide absolute comfort to your tired and fatigued feet.
Different massage levels
The iJOY Foot and Calf massager has five different massage levels to suit well to your needs. These include intense, vigorous, moderate, relaxing, and gentle.
So, if you feel like having a soft massage or want to opt for a strong one for soothing muscular aches, this machine will cater well to your needs.
The Shiatsu massage mode is a good choice to provide relaxation to your aching muscles. In terms of portability, the Human Touch iJoy Foot and Calf Massager is easy to carry with handles. It is light and easy to carry around.
So, you can take it your gym for post-workout sessions, to the office for a mid-day reflexology session, and back to your home to for a good night’s sleep massage.
- Sleek design
- Easy to carry and transport
- Provides absolute relief to calves and feet
- No contact is present for the back of calves
Is a foot and calf massager worth buying?
Before you consider the suggestions of foot massagers we have given below, you might still be wondering whether you should get one or not.
So, let’s look at whether a foot and calf massager is worth the cost, or is it just a luxury?
Massage at A Cost
Nothing can match the relaxed and laid-back atmosphere of a spa. However, considering our hectic routine, not everyone has the time and money to spend every day at a spa.
Besides the cost of the spa alone, since you won’t be flying there, the cost of the commute is also included. Even if you have your car, the fuel of the price is not negligible.
And not to forget the time that it might take to get there. The idea of a spa is fascinating, but the time and effort consumed in getting their result in you being more tired.
Making an appointment for a spa or a massage clinic can be quite costly such that you can also consider going there once a month.
But what about the pain you feel daily? The once a month massage is not enough to last you a whole month.
This is where a foot and calf massager steps in to save the day for you. The initial investment might be pricey, but in the long run, it is more budget-friendly then heading out to a spa every day.
It is even wise to spend on a high-end massager brand as it would last much longer, and hence it will be worth every penny.
Get your massage on the go
Imagine you are on a plane and feel like having a massage? Massage on a flight might sound like either a crazy idea or a dream.
But with your foot and calf massager, you can turn this dream into reality. Unlike bulky massage chairs, the foot and calf massagers are portable.
Therefore, you can easily carry it with you to your workplace. The spa-like magic will happen right under your desk as you finish up some paperwork.
Thanks to the small size of the foot and size massager, storage will never be an issue. You can conveniently slide it under your bed or place it in any corner of the room.
Foot massager over a foot rub
Not everyone is blessed with the luxury of their private masseuse. Some have to rely on technology to replace humans in some parts or other of their life.
A foot rub might be unbeatable for some. But once you experience a foot and calf massager, you won’t be giving up on it easily.
A foot and calf massager offer more than just your standard foot rub. With so many brands, you can easily find the one that will give you the perfect massage experience.
You can make the most out of your massager by enjoying different modes like vibration, kneading, and heating. These additional features boost the level of comfort you get from a massager.
You don’t even have to lay back to get your massage. Just sit back on your couch, grab your favorite drink, and watch your favorite show while the massager does its job. What can be better than that?
Frequently Asked Question(FAQs): Best foot and calf massagers
Although we have looked thoroughly at the five best foot and calf massagers we have picked for you, there is still more info you would need for your purchase.
Let’s look at some of the most frequently asked questions by users. These questions will also assist in clearing away any confusion in your mind.
1) Do foot and calf massagers work effectively?
Yes! Foot and calf massagers work effectively such that they work very close to a massage done by hands. You can enjoy nearly all the benefits or even more than that you avail from a massage from the spa.
Not only these massagers target pain in your muscles but also relax the entire body. As mentioned above, foot massagers can relieve pain caused by issues like Plantar Fasciitis and diabetes.
Just ten minutes of massage every day can deeply relax your mind and body. However, it is essential to understand that the massager should be used for a certain amount of time.
2) How do I use my foot and calf massager?
Using a foot and calf massager is not a daunting task as it may appear to be. After taking the massager out from the box, wipe it clean and plug it in.
Then you can start configuring the settings of your massager. Your lower legs should be clean before you place them inside the massager. Place your feet slowly; do not force them inside.
Increase the intensity of the massage gradually until it hits your pressure points perfectly; it should not cause pain on your feet.
Do not set the massager to the highest setting right away as it can be counteractive for your feet and legs. The time spent on a massager should range between 10 to 30 minutes.
You should not go over 30 minutes if you want to prevent your muscles from crushing.
3) Are there any risks associated with foot and calf massagers?
There are no significant risks to look out for, but only some that can occur if the massager is used in the wrong way.
It might increase the chances of blood clots, especially when a compression foot massager is used. This condition can occur with women who are pregnant, people with heart conditions, or those who suffer from major injuries.
If you have one of these conditions, it is best to consult a health professional before choosing your massager.
4) How do I manage my foot and calf massager?
The care of massager is as easy as it is to use. It is vital to ensure that the use of massager is not abused. Wipe the massager down after using it and clean it regularly to reduce wear and tear.
Store the massager in a dry and cool place, protecting it from direct sunlight. You should make sure that the massager is unplugged when it is not in use.
5) Why is foot and calf massager better than the conventional foot massager?
The ordinary foot massager works only around your feet and does not apply any pressure on the legs or calves. Besides its benefit, a foot and calf massager are preferable as it hits your pressure points well.
The important parts of your legs and feet are relaxed, and the blood circulation is improved to allow for more recovery.
The only downside to foot and calf massager is that they are a bit more expensive. But in the long run, they are worth the cost with the relief they provide to your tired feet.
Although many might argue over how running is equally beneficial to a massage, it surely takes a toll on your legs that can only be soothed with a good massage.
Out of the five different foot and calf massager we have suggested above, the Human Touch Reflex 4 takes the lead for the best one.
What makes it better than others is the combination of patented figure 8 technology, underfoot roller, and preset massage setting that is well suited for everyone suffering from pain in their legs and feet, especially runners.
I hope that this guide would have given you a good idea about the best massagers and what you should look for when you buy one. So, what are you waiting for? Make your pick and start enjoying a soothing massage at your own home instead of a spa.